The OK Department of Veterans Affairs, a 24/7 long-term facility, is currently seeking CNAs in Claremore, OK.
We offer a wide array of benefits for full-time staff, including free health insurance after 60 days, competitive salaries, and creative scheduling.
As a CNA you will provide direct and indirect non-professional nursing care or outreach services in a clinic, hospital, institution or home setting under nursing or medical supervision, including taking vital signs, obtaining lab specimens, charting, escorting patients, assisting with activities of daily living, and ordering and receiving supplies.
In this position you will perform routine entry-level work and receive training in providing care or services to patients or clients. You will primarily assist other patient care staff in performing various functions and work under close supervision.
• Perform direct nursing tasks including taking vital signs, assisting with activities of daily living and hygiene needs, and obtaining certain lab specimens.
• Chart observations and activities, reporting pertinent changes in the patient’s condition.
• Perform delegated or other specialized functions as educationally prepared.
• Escort patients to and from various destinations.
• Assist in maintaining and providing a clean, safe environment.
• Order, receive and store supplies and perform basic clerical functions.
• Participate in follow-up activities and tracking clients, schedule appointments and perform other related tasks.
• Provide case finding and recruitment of at-risk persons for comprehensive health services.
Thank you for your interest in working for the Galt Foundation as a CNA at the Oklahoma Department of Veterans Affairs Long Term Facility. If you would like to apply, have a valid Oklahoma CNA certification, can pass a background check & drug screen, apply today!