LPN - Licensed Practical Nurse
The OK Department of Veterans Affairs, a 24/7 long-term facility, is currently seeking Registered Nurses in Claremore, OK.
We offer a wide array of benefits for full-time staff, including free health insurance after 60 days, competitive salaries, and creative scheduling.
As an LPN you will be supervising and/or performing technical direct and indirect nursing care in an Oklahoma Veterans Center under the supervision or direction of a registered nurse or licensed physician. This includes taking temperatures, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, and various other technical nursing tasks in providing health care to patients.
This is the basic LPN position where you will perform routine entry-level tasks under close professional supervision and in a training status to build your skills in providing nursing care as a licensed practical nurse.
• Valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
• Perform nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills, and licensure.
• Participate in the evaluation of responses to interventions.
• Teach basic nursing skills and related principles.
• Delegate nursing care tasks such as taking temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, giving enemas, douches, and sitz baths, collecting specimens, and measuring intake and output.
• Assist in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients.
• Participate in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administer medications and medical treatments as ordered.
• Report appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
• Serve as Charge Nurse on a unit, supervising the staff performing medication administration and patient care.
• Knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, theory, medical terminology, and infection control measures.
• Must be able to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Interested candidates are encouraged to provide their resume by completing the Apply Form.