Registered Nurse - RN
Sorry, this job has expired.
The Department of Veterans Affairs, a 24/7 long-term facility, is currently seeking Registered Nurses in Claremore, OK.
The OK Department of Veterans Affairs offers a wide array of benefits for full-time staff, including free health insurance after 60 days, competitive salaries, and creative scheduling.
• Possession of a valid permanent Oklahoma license as a licensed practical nurse as approved by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing.
• Knowledge of nursing techniques, procedures, practices, and theory, of medical terminology, and of infection control measures.
• Ability is required to exercise sound judgment; to follow detailed oral or written instructions; and to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
• Perform nursing procedures or specialized functions in accordance with knowledge, skills, and licensure.
• Participate in the evaluation of responses to interventions.
• Teach basic nursing skills and related principles.
• Delegate nursing care tasks such as taking temperature, pulse, respiration, and blood pressure, giving enemas, douches, and sitz baths, collecting specimens, and measuring intake and output.
• Assist in assessing, reporting, and recording health status of patients.
• Participate in developing and implementing appropriate aspects of a plan of care.
• Administer medications and medical treatments as ordered.
• Report appropriate patient information to supervisor or appropriate health team member.
• Serve as Charge Nurse on a unit, supervising staff performing medication administration and patient care.
Interested candidates are encouraged to provide their resume by completing the apply form.